Love is patient......

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge: and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

grief

Last night unexpectedly at a football game in Riley County, my brother passed away from unknown causes. Tim had been fighting some health issues for a while. He pulled his will from his bank box last week and set it on his desk, he gave my nephew the keys to his house and garage yesterday before traveling to watch Alex play football. God works in mysterious ways. Thankfully my brother in law Steve had traveled to the game with him. They stopped at Casey's before they left Sabetha to get some pizza and conversation to the game was not lacking. Tim was fine and didn't seem to be in any distress. At the game, he told Steve, who operates the Bluejay video camera at the games, that he wasn't feeling well, but to not call the ambulance if he goes in to a seizure because he will come out of it. Unfortunately, his breathing became very labored, he sat down, and then collapsed, not to be revived. My bible verse this AM: Psalm 23, Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me, thy rod and staff protect me... God is amazing. I pray for Tim's children, they will go thru some very painful times without their dad. I pray for my mother, who lost her son, and my siblings who lost a brother. My children who lost their uncle, and I pray for myself, that I may step in where needed with loving encouragement. "I Want To Stroll Over Heaven With You" If I survey all the good things that come to me from above If I count all the blessings from the storehouse of love I'd simply ask for the favor of him beyond mortal king And I'm sure he would grant it again I want to stroll over Heaven with you some glad day When all our troubles and heartaches are vanished away Then we'll enjoy the beauty where all things are new I want to stroll over Heaven with you So many places of beauty we long to see here below But time and treasures have kept us from making plans as you know But come the morning of rapture together we'll stand a new While I stroll over Heaven with you I want to stroll over Heaven with you some glad day When all our troubles and heartaches are vanished away Then we'll enjoy the beauty where all things are new I want to stroll over Heaven with you

No comments:

Post a Comment